Sunday, April 4, 2010

Peachy Day, Upside Down

Yes, it is Easter! A joyous day in the Christian faith!
" 1On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' " 8Then they remembered his words." Luke 24: 1-8
Just thinking about it give me chills. And today was a beautiful Easter day! But...I didn't get to go to church. I hardly got to spend any of it with my family. I didn't get to dress up in a new pretty Easter dress. I didn't get to hide Easter eggs for any children. I didn't get to sing praises to my Lord in church.
I. played. volleyball.
Easter Sunday. THE most important holiday in the Christian year! And I got to do NOTHING to celebrate it. I was going to celebrate it at my aunt and uncle's church in Atlanta but those plans were shot due to the fact that I had to be at the venue at 10:00 a.m.! I was livid. No, I still am livid! I can not believe someone is so brainless to schedule the most important tournament in the south on EASTER WEEKEND! No maundy Thursday service, no Good Friday service, and no Easter service! Dumbfounded. There must be athiests running this event.I just could not believe it. The least they could do was give us time to go to church or something. But nope. Nothing. What's next? School on Christmas??
So as my day was already "fabulous", I WAS planning on going to church with my aunt and uncle. Not only was today Easter but today they were doing a special prayer for my aunt and some of her friends who are going to INDIA for a mission trip (but we can't call it "mission" as they aren't allowed to have missionaries over there!). They are leaving today (in 45 minutes to be exact.). I was going to go with them to church to pray for my brave aunt but sorry, no can do. I'll share more about my aunt in a minute.
Well after we lost our games (badly) and "reffed" the next games, it was time to leave and go home. 4 hours later I arrive to my house only to my suprise to see my grandmother (both of them) and my papa! I am very close with my grandmother on my mom's side and I don't get to see her a lot so it was a very pleasant suprise! But truthfully, these suprises always make me a bit sad because I know she has to leave later and then we won't see each other for a while. And of course as she leaves I can't help but cry about her leaving, leaving my aunt and uncle who I don't see a lot, leaving my aunt especially as she prepares for this amazing trip, not playing two really great games during volleyball today, tomorrow going back to school, and of course, not being able to celebrate Easter at my church. I know y'all must think I'm a whiney baby. I'm not going to make excuses for myself but today was a sad day for me. (So I'm guessing watching Passion of the Christ would NOT be a godd idea for tonight...)
Now, after that venting, I'm sure y'all are dying to read more about my aunt's trip! (That is if your eyes aren't bleeding yet from all this type.) Well she is travelling to somewhere outside Dubai to one of her friend's house. After becoming a Christian in college, she moved form her church in Atlanta to India and has adopted 46 Indian orphans into her home and has raised them as (as my aunt puts it,) "on fire" Christians. How cool is that?? My aunt and a few more people from her church are going over to give them supplies and to encourage their friend and praise her for her work. My aunt will be gone for two weeks. She is so brave. I admire her so much. She has a great heart, an undying love for God, and a great personality that makes everyone love her! She is super smart, funny, and beautiful! (Though she may not belive it sometimes.) She is a great mother, friend, aunt, sister, and daughter of Christ (and her parents of course!). She will have a great time and will be safe, I know! She is going to come back with so many stories that will have enriched her life and many others. So please keep her and her friends in her prayers, I know she will be in mine!
Warm greetings from :),
P.S. Aunt Lisa, If you are reading this, then I love you and I hope you put me in your will after this! hahahahahahaha. Just kidding. :) Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment