Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Old Peaches

Oh, no. I already missed a day. First symptom of "Lazy Blogger Syndrome". It's highly contagious amoung new bloggers and we have not found a direct cure. Pray for me!

Any-who...So yesterday I met up with some old friends that have recently moved to Geneva, Switzerland. Yes. GENEVA, SWITZERLAND!!! In teen language, "Like a gagillion miles away." or "Like FOREVER away!" But they came back to Savannah for their Spring Break over at International school. (Where they apparently "hate" Americans? What's up with that?!) I heard story after story of how "awesome Europe is" and how much he "loves it there" and how I "have to see Europe" because it's "sooo much better than the U.S. " But he can't fool me! I can see through those lies. He is silently crying out for help! "Save me from Europe! The Swiss Chocolate! The French food! The art! The culture! The WOMEN! Help meeee!" He is dying, slowly but surely. He needs to move back ASAP! I mean think about all he is missing in the U.S.?......wait.......it'll come to me................
Anyway, it was great to see him! And we had a good time and I'm glad to see Europe hasn't changed him TOO much! Now about that plane ticket to Switzerland.....

So that making up for yesterday, I'll get to today.
On a more serious note, we did lose a great person today. Another precious teen life was taken...
http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2010-04-06/update-teen-killed-truman-parkway-crash
Please keep his family and friends in your prayers. Something, we don't understnd why these things happen, how God can allow such a horrible thing to occur and sadly, we may never know. But it's times like these that remind us of how really connected we all are. The saying "Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone..." is NOT true. At least I don't see it that way...


Now on a lighter note, I thought I might share this with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJOnLGnz-2U
(You've got to turn the volume up a little high on this...)
Yeah...still thinking about what he's missing in the U.S......wow, must be a brain fart....sea biscuit...

Merry Tuesday, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment