Saturday, April 3, 2010

Peaches in the morning

Good morning all! Hope everything is well. Good news! I have the afternoon wave in Big South playing times so I get to sleep in! (Is that a hallelujah chorus I hear?) So this post is coming in early. What to blog about? What to blog about? Well I'm hear in Atlanta with my aunt, uncle, cousin, and mother. I have just about the cutest, 8-year old cousin in the world. She like Barbies, horseback riding, and playing with her favorite cousin, Alex. Oh and did I mention STAR WARS?? Yes, Star Wars. Her daddy has gotten her addicted to Star Wars. So addicted that she could give real intense Star Wars fanatics (the cloak wearing, Yoda speaking, saber battling fanatics) a run for their money. She knows every detail of every movie (all 6 of them). She knows what hand Obi Wan held his saber in with battling with Geonocious in movie whatever. The color of the robe some jedi guy is wearing in a battle in movie whatever, stuff like that. She knows. And trust me, I've tried to get her into princesses and "girly" things but no, it's Star Wars she likes. I blame society. We put so much pressure on the individual. What happened to blending in? Uniformity? Letting someone else think for you? Now everyone wants to be an "individual" and wants to "think for themselves" and all that junk. Who wants that?? Well sadly, I'm not sure there is a way to bring her back to the "good side", which I guess is fine. She is a great, funny, out-going, smart, child of Christ and is undeniably GORGEOUS! She is going to grow into a awesome teenager and a wonderful lady. With saying that, she has a very scary dad who is armed with more than 2...3...5 or so guns and is NOT afraid to use them...a lot. So paws off boys!
Wishing you a very joyous Easter,

No comments:

Post a Comment